Logistics Software & Technology Selection
A well managed supply chain software or logistics technology
selection process can save time and reduce costs
Logistics Partners can assist you with the selection of Supply Chain Systems including Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Transport Management Systems (TMS), Forecasting & Purchasing, Sales Order Processing (SOP) and ePos.
Logistics Partners will use their expertise to advise on suitable supply chain systems and manage the process for you, to ensure a thorough but cost effective selection process. We will manage the software selection process for you, involving nominated customer stakeholders throughout the process.
You will benefit from Logistics Partners own selection methodology that has been proven to streamline the process but ensure that possible providers are benchmarked against each other.
The typical Software or Logistics Technology Selection Process
A typical selection process involves the following:
- On-site workshops to ascertain current and future system requirements
- Preparation of an “Invitation to Tender” to be sent to suitable vendors
- Suggested list of vendors provided by Logistics Partners
- Presentation of initial responses
- Organisation of vendor presentations
- Documentation detailing issues raised at presentations
- Production of recommendations report. The recommendations report will detail the recommended solution(s), advise how the solution can integrate to other systems and give estimates of timescales and costs for the implementation project.
Logistics Partners have successfully managed selection processes for various customers. These include:
- An Integrated Transport and Warehouse Management Solution for Edward Logistics.
- Logistics Partners also provided the project management for the implementation at 2 European sites.
- A Warehouse Management System (WMS) for Walker Logistics.
- A Warehouse Management System (WMS) for Jamie at Home (A Jamie Oliver Group Company). Logistics Partners also provided the project management for the implementation and Supply Chain Integration Consultancy for the integration with a new Sales Order Processing System (SOP).
Click here to email us
Or Call +44 (0) 7771 623 929
"Harmonious, seamless, pain free implementation!"
"I cannot speak more highly of Lynn Parnell of Logistics Partners. We have very recently installed a new WMS system into our business and naively believed we were capable of doing so without professional help. From the very first day we brought Lynn in, we were able to step back and allow her to Project manage the whole implementation.
Lynn insisted that everyone involved in the project stepped up and gave all that was needed and continually pulled the ranks together resulting in a harmonious, seamless, pain free implementation that was on time and in budget. We could never have achieved this without her."
- Kim Claxton, Managing Director, Jamie at Home (A Jamie Oliver Group company)
"The Ultimate Professional!", "Fair and within budget"
"Lynn played two key roles during the WMS replacement project for Jamie at Home. Firstly she assisted the client in selecting the most appropriate WMS solution for the business and secondly she took on the role of implementation project manager.
Throughout Lynn was the ultimate professional, always ensuring all parties were treated fairly whilst ensuring her client got the very best solution possible within the budget. I look forward to working with her again in the future."
- Derek Kay, Business Development Director, Logistex Ltd